*LOUND MUMBLING IN SPANISH*

To understand the song you need to understand the story so here we go. La llorona (weeping woman) is a spooky woman who likes crying about her children and hanging out at rivers. The tale goes a handsome man came into town but he would not marry her because of her two children. The day after that she put her children on a broken raft and as they floated upstream and their raft couldn’t hold them anymore she figured no life is worth living without her children. She went after them but she could save them, after that she drowned herself in the river. Since she committed the ultimate sins she was forced to wonder the river, she thinks she’s in heaven so any child she sees she’ll take them and throw them into the river since they aren’t her children. Now that that’s over we can get onto the song! Alas, Llorona
Llorona [dressed] in light blue
Alas, Llorona
Llorona [dressed] in light blue.  This is describing Llorona although some say it’s blue sky so it’s up to you.

And even if it costs my life, Llorona
I won't stop loving you
I won't stop loving you
I climbed the highest pine tree, Llorona
To see if I could spot you.  I’m assuming this is the man that wanted to marry her and he’s looking for her to see if she’s ok.

But the pine tree was tender, Llorona
When it saw me cry, it cried. He’s crying now I guess, and that’s the end of the song wee wooo!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If I was the president

A slice of pie

Singer vs writer